PTSA MEMBERSHIP & PARTNERSHIP FORM
Welcome to the Dobyns-Bennett High School PTSA portion of the D-B website. PTSA (Parent, Teacher, and Student Association) is a volunteer organization dedicated to supporting D-B’s teachers, faculty, and staff as they strive to make D-B the best possible school for our children. We would love for you to be involved! Whether you donate your time or money to PTSA (or both), your support is invaluable.
One of the most important ways we support D-B is through educational grants. Often, teachers have needs for their classroom that go beyond their budget, and PTSA steps in to fill that gap. With the help of corporate and parent donations (partnerships), and PTSA memberships, these funds are vital to our school. To help with this need, please print and fill out the D-B Partnerships & PTSA Membership form on the website,
and either mail it to the school, take it to the front office, or send it with your child to their homeroom teacher. PTSA meets on a monthly basis, and we would love to have you join our meetings! Thank you again for your interest in PTSA!
Welcome to the 2017-18 School Bucks Challenge! We’re proud to partner with area educators in this effort throughout the upcoming months.
This year we’re making $700,000 available to participating schools to invest in classrooms, equipment and essential supplies. We’ve also simplified a few details, making it easier for you — our valued community partner — to access and distribute information.
Here’s what you need to know:
The program is now known as the School Bucks Challenge, emphasizing the competitive nature of the program. Enlist your community — not just parents and teachers, but alumni, family and friends — to link their cards and help propel your school to the top of the leaderboard. The more people who support your school, the more resources you’ll receive!
- Challenge Points are now awarded on a one-to-one basis. For every dollar a participating customer invests by shopping at Food City and using their ValuCard, one point will be added to their chosen school’s total. Cards can be linked online at foodcity.com/schoolbucks or at the register during checkout. (Please note, points are not awarded on purchases of Western Union services, gift cards or lottery tickets.)
- 2,000 bonus points will be awarded to each school that invites Food City representatives to present program information to a school-wide assembly or to a PTA/PTO meeting. A second visit during the same academic year nets your school an additional 1,000 points.
- Bonus points will also be awarded to schools that mention program information in social media postings (school website not included), and in radio, print or television coverage. Points will also be given to schools that encourage affiliated churches to include details in their bulletins (limit one bulletin per church, per month), and to those that provide pictures of the school marquee asking participants to link their ValuCards (limit two per school, must be two different pictures).
- Point totals will be posted at the midpoint and end of the school year at foodcity.com/schoolbucks.
- The program begins Wednesday, Sept. 6, and runs through Tuesday, May 8, 2018. Deadline to register is Thursday, Dec. 28, 2017. Checks will be presented in September 2018.
Since its inception 17 years ago, School Bucks has provided approximately $17 million to regional schools — all with the help of volunteers like you. We thank you for your assistance and for being a valued Food City customer! Are you up for the challenge? If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our hotline, 800-232-0174.
Food City School Bucks Challenge Coordinator