Dobyns-Bennett Maroon and Grey Yearbook
1 Tribe Way Kingsport, Tennessee 37664
DB Maroon & Grey Website
Please read the following important information for all graduating seniors:
- Senior Portraits Make-Ups / Retakes (September 12th & 13th)
- Senior portrait make-up days are for seniors who missed their summer appointment time with Lifetouch or those who wish to have retakes. Seniors (last names A-J) will be on 9/12. Seniors (last names K-Z) will be on 9/13. Specific time schedules will be posted on the school website, in classrooms, and throughout the building and are also available in the links below.
- LOCATION: STEM Lobby, West Side
- All of our students should follow the schedules provided in this email. Students will NOT be scheduling a specific time slot with Lifetouch / Prestige Portraits on their own. Instead, we have included detailed, alphabetized schedules for each day of pictures in the links below.
- There is NO sitting fee required for senior portraits. Proofs will be delivered via students’ home addresses / emails with instructions on how to purchase their portraits if they so choose. Regardless, each senior needs his/her portrait taken for the yearbook.
- For ease of wardrobe changes and optimal photos, Lifetouch asks girls to wear/bring a tank top and guys to wear/bring a white t-shirt. Lifetouch will do 2 poses (formal tux / drape and cap & gown). Lifetouch will provide the tux/drape and cap & gown. Due to time constraints, students will not be doing additional casual poses during the make-up session.
- In order to allow enough time for each student’s pictures and allow the photographers to take the best pictures possible, students need to come at their scheduled time slot. Detailed schedules are available here:
- Senior portraits require wardrobe changes and are more time intensive than regular portraits. It is VERY IMPORTANT that students go at their assigned time. If a student is not able to come during their scheduled time, they will need to come during one of the open/all-call times listed.
- Order your child’s copy of their Senior Yearbook (Early Sale Promotion ends September 16, 2022)
- Our staff is hard at work creating a beautiful keepsake for your senior to remember this milestone year.
- All yearbook sales must be made through Jostens (via website or phone). You can go ahead and reserve your copy now and guarantee the lowest price of the year, $70, as well as receive free personalized icons if you purchase by September 16th. Payment plans are available. Call 1-877-767-5217 or order your copy on the Jostens Website.
- Please note that purchasing in advance is the ONLY way to reserve your child’s copy of a yearbook and ensure they receive a book.
- Senior Recognition Yearbook Ads (Deadline: December 1, 2022)
The Dobyns-Bennett yearbook staff would like to give you an opportunity to put a personal message for your senior in the yearbook. These special messages can be letters, pictures, or anything you wish to say to your senior. Let these messages show your pride and appreciation. Don’t let your child graduate without saying something meaningful! Reserve your space today to let your child know how proud you are. Like the yearbook, your message will be a permanent memory.
Please keep in mind:
- All ads must be submitted by December 1, 2022. No late ads will be accepted
- All ads must be created via Jostens through Jostens online platform available here at the Jostens Website.
- All ads will be printed in full color.
- Student recognition ads are available in 3 sizes at the following costs:
- ½ page $160
- ¼ page $110
- ⅛ page $60
- Credit card installment plans are available.
- No full-page ads are available for ONLY one student. Each senior may purchase up to ½ page only. If other family members wish to purchase an ad for the same senior, the sizes should not add up to more than ½ page per senior. We have limited space.
- The staff reserves the right to edit ANY content to fit needs of space, aesthetic, or appropriateness.
- We retain the right to remove any explicit text, graphic photos, or copyright-protected imagery or photos.
- Please do not send any senior ad materials or money to the school. Our school has selected Jostens to assist with our ad program. Please call Jostens customer service number 1-800-358-0800 if you have questions or need assistance creating your ad.
- Failure to follow the correct process could result in your senior’s ad not making it into the yearbook.
AP English Teacher / Leadership Advisor / Yearbook Advisor
Dobyns-Bennett High School
1 Tribe Way
Kingsport, TN 37660