Dobyns-Bennett High School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Volleyball Tryouts...Monday, July 10...9:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.  Must have a copy of updated physical.
Counseling » New Students

New Students

New Students

In order to be enrolled at Dobyns-Bennett High School you must meet the following criteria and provide the proper paperwork as outlined below:

1. The student MUST live with a parent/guardian who resides within the city limits of Kingsport, Tennessee. Otherwise, the Superintendent's Office (423-378-2100) must be contacted and the student must be formally approved as a tuition student prior to proceeding with enrollment at the school level.

2. Proof of residency is required; such as a utility bill, rent receipt or lease agreement, or deed for property.

3. Proof that the person enrolling the student is the legal parent/guardian must be submitted. This includes a copy of the student's birth certificate and the legal paperwork resulting from a divorce or change of custody/guardianship.

4. Copy of the drop/transfer sheet from previous school including transfer grades. Copy of an official transcript, current schedule of classes, and standardized test scores from the previous school.

5. Copy of Immunization Records. If student is out-of-state, the Tennessee green immunization record from the Sullivan County Health Department is required.

6. If the student qualified for the Special Education program, a current psychological and an IEP MUST be provided for a legal M-team meeting.

7. Student and parent must fill out enrollment papers provided by the Counseling Office. Papers available upon request.

The prospective student's parent/guardian MUST comply with each of these requirements and accompany the student at the time of enrollment. If you have any questions/concerns, please call the Counseling Office at 423-378-8409